Upgrade to a Paid Account + Select Your Domain
Once you've gone through the checklist in the previous step, you're ready to upgrade to a paid Squarespace account and set up your domain. After completing the steps below, your site will be live online at your domain and visible to search engines. Follow the steps below to set up your domain:
- Click the "TRIAL ACCOUNT - UPGRADE NOW" button stuck to the bottom of your Squarespace site.
- Choose either a Personal, Business, or Commerce plan. The primary difference between a personal and business plan is that a business plan lets you have more than 20 pages and up to 20 products (a personal account limits you to 20 pages and 1 product). If you sell more than 20 products, you'll need a Commerce plan. Click here for a more in-depth breakdown of the differences between each account type.
- Select either a monthly or yearly billing term. If you sign up for a yearly billing term, you get a free domain name with purchase, so keep that in mind if you don't have a domain name yet.
- Enter payment information, and click the 'subscribe' button.
- Now that you are set up with a paid plan, you can set up your domain name. From the home menu in Squarespace, go to Settings > Domains
- If you have purchased a domain already from a third party service such as GoDaddy or Bluehost, click 'Connect a Third-Party Domain' and follow the instructions. If you do not yet own a domain, click 'Get a Domain' and follow the instructions to purchase a new domain or register your free one if you signed up for an annual billing cycle.
- Once your domain is set up, it may take up to 72 hours for your website to appear live online.